Fact of the day: music makes the world go round. There are a handful of ways to uplift your spirits and one of them is through music. The chances of exploring new music and albums is infinite in this day and age. Plug in your speakers, charge your laptops, and get ready to vibe out to some of AVEN’s favorite songs, artists, and albums.
The music we love – Singles
First, on our AVEN playlist are singles from the past year or so:
- Stupid Love by Lady Gaga – Lady Gaga is never a letdown and her latest single will lift your spirits for sure!
- On My Mind by Diplo – Diplo’s latest top of the charts single is a remix of a classic ’90s hit.
- Underdog by Alicia Keyes – Leave it to Alicia Keyes to make the best of a worst situation and give us a bit of hope.
- Everything I Wanted by Billie Eilish – Billie Eilish… enough said.
- Higher Love by Kygo – We all know this Kygo track by now and if you haven’t been blasting this in your apartment then you’re missing out.
- Okay by LANY – LANY is a lesser-known band known for their Alt-pop tracks that make light out of heartbreak.
- Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa – We all know and love this song so we had to include it.
- Lavender by Dreamer Boy – Another lesser-known artist with a great R&B vibe. We highly suggest cooking or drinking wine to this song.
- Erase by Omar Apollo – Light some candles, burn some sage, and crack open a bottle of wine. You’re about to listen to Omar Apollo.
- If You Need Me by Julia Michaels – No one is alone and if you feel isolated, this Julia Michaels track is just the kind of medicine you need.
- Thinkin Bout You by Ciara – This is a great Sunday morning kind of song. Once you nail down the lyrics, make sure to get out your hairbrush and use it as a microphone. This song will have you feeling like a popstar.
The music we love – Singles from the good ole days
Nothing warms the soul more than nostalgia, which leads us to our next singles playlist, songs from the ‘80s, ‘90s, and ‘00s.
- Amber by 311 – We can all use a little amber energy in our lives.
- Sittin’ Up In My Room by Brandy – There’s nothing like some ’90s R&B to get those good vibes going.
- Purple Rain by Prince – Another great song to shed some tears to.
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears – Well ain’t that the truth!
- Any Old Sunday by Chaka Khan – Good vibes all around when you are blasting this classic Chaka Khan track. Pro-tip: this song works for any day of the week.
- Miss Independent by Ne-Yo – One of our favorite feel-good songs of the 2000s.
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston – Easily one of the best songs ever made so we had to include it.
- Steelo by 702 – Another classic ’90s R&B track that also inspired the Diplo song on the above list. Coincidence? Perhaps…
- Still Not a Player by Big Pun – A classic!
- How Do You Want It by 2Pac – It was difficult to pick just one 2Pac song so we went with How Do You Want It. The runner up was Changes and the second runner up was California Love.
- Everlong by the Foo Fighters – An essential and easily one of our favorite music videos from the ’90s.
- Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve – A track that truly defined the ’90s.
The music we love – full albums to binge
Before we begin with the four albums to stream, it is worth noting that not all of these albums are new. In fact, some of these albums are from the 90s. Our choices came down to records that are flawless. If we are going to tell you to stream a record, we don’t want you skipping one track let alone one beat.
When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? by Billie Eilish
A world of emotions is triggered by this Grammy-winning record. The record starts out playful with a sense of confidence with the Intro track and Bad Guy. It continues on to provide perspective on the topics of drugs, life and death, and of course love and heartbreak. Like some of the other albums to binge in this list, this record is great to let it all go. To dance, to yell, to laugh, to smile, and to be grateful for this beautiful life we all live.
Malibu by Anderson .Paak
In today’s day and age, everyone is genre-bending. However, Anderson .Paak always gives us soul. This Hip-Hop record is the first of five from Anderson .Paak. Not only does Anderson .Paak have a memorable raspy voice, but he is an incredibly talented drummer and it shows throughout the entire album that is perfect with a glass of wine… or four.
Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette
Some of us are feeling a lot of angst. How do we release that energy? By blasting Jagged Little Pill by the iconic Alanis Morissette. We want to uplift our spirits but there is nothing wrong with crying and yelling about our troubles. If there is any record that we can release our frustrations and shed a couple of tears, it’s with Alanis Morissette.
Migration by Bonobo
In these times we also need to meditate and nothing grounds us more than ambient music. The master of ambient music to us at AVEN luxury apartments in downtown LA is Bonobo. Similar to the cover of the album, the entire album sounds like nature. If you want to lift your frequency and vibrations to higher ground, this is the album to do so.