We believe that time is our most precious, non-renewable resource — and that we all need help to make the most of the time we’ve got. We’re on a mission to create more time and space in people’s lives by building trusted, personal help into their homes. – Hello Alfred
What is Hello Alfred?
Hello Alfred is a home management service — they provide personal assistance inside your home every week to help you save time. We provide it to our residents as a complimentary amenity, because what would a luxury apartment in downtown LA be without personal assistance?
What do they do?
- They take care of all the things that take up your time — things like grocery shopping, dropping off and picking up your laundry and dry cleaning, sending packages, picking up prescriptions, and generally keeping things tidy at home.
- They’ll actually put everything away for you — milk in your fridge, dry cleaning in your closet, toothpaste in the bathroom.
- And those are just the basics. You can ask them to do pretty much anything you need — set up a full home cleaning or hang your flat screen or organize your closet. They’ll even help you plan a party!
How does it work?
- Each building has a dedicated “Alfred” who’s like a home manager. (The name “Alfred” comes from Bruce Wayne’s butler in “Batman.”)
- You use an app to add your requests and services and set your weekly routine — order your groceries, turn on dry cleaning service, or submit any special asks — and your Alfred visits every week to take care of everything.
- And because it’s the same person every week, they get to know you better and better so they can make it really personalized and start to anticipate your needs.
How much does it cost?
- The basic service is complimentary at AVEN until June 2020, so the core things like grocery shopping, picking up and returning laundry or packages, and tidying up — they’ll make your bed, wipe your counters, take out the garbage and recycling — they only charge you for the things you buy.
- If you want a service like a full home cleaning or repairs or something else more involved, they’ll coordinate with the vendors and you just pay for the service.
- And if it’s a more involved request, like planning a party or shopping far outside the neighborhood, they charge you an additional fee.
And who is this person I’m supposed to let into my home?
- All of the Alfreds are fully vetted by a thorough interview process and background check. They get thousands of applicants and only accept less than 10%. And instead of hiring them as freelancers the way Uber and others do, they’re all W-2 employees, which means they can get extensive training, as well as a fair salary and benefits.
- All of our residents meet the Alfred in-person before starting service, so neither of you is dealing with a stranger. We can help set up that meeting for you at a convenient time.
Do I have to get in-home service?
- You can use Hello Alfred as much or as little as you like.
- If you don’t want weekly service or have anyone visit your apartment while you are away, you can still use the app for one-off services and requests like TV mounting, donation drop-offs, furniture delivery, home organization, and more.
How do I sign up?
- As a resident, you’re automatically registered for the service — all you have to do is turn it on!
- You can sign up on their website, by email, or by text:
- Email email@example.com
- Text “welcome” to 253733
- A customer experience representative will reach out and guide you through the process of getting started, including setting up the first meeting with your Alfred.
If there’s anything we haven’t covered here or if you need help answering additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your Hello Alfred account manager or the AVEN Concierge.